Lecturer (Anatomy and Histology)
DVM, M.Phil (UVAS,Lahore), PhD(ADU, Aydin, TURKEY)
Dr. Komal Khan, DVM graduate with MPhil in Anatomy & Histology (UVAS, Lahore), currently working as a lecturer in College of Veterinary of animal Sciences, Jhang. She has joined the Anatomy Section as a lecturer in September 2013. She has experience of nine years in teaching and research.
Her M.Phil Research Was On “Effect Of Cigarette Smoke On Micro-Architecture Of Respiratory Organs With And Without Dietary Probiotic”. Her PhD research is on Biomechanics of poultry bones (broilers) entitled as “Morphological, Densitometric and Biomechanical Evaluations of the Bone Strength in Broilers.”
She is registered member of PVMC. Her major responsibilities are teaching, preparation of bones for skeletons and embalming of small and large animals.
Area of Interest
- Gross Anatomy
- Ahmad, H.Y., Masood, S., Zaneb, H., Aslam, A., Sikandar, A., Adil, M., Irshad, I., Khan K., and Tamkeen, R. (2014). ‘Comparative Effects of Organic Acids Fed Diet on Morphometry of Visceral Organs and Intestinal Histology of Two Broiler Strains’. Global Veterinaria 13 (2): 221-226.
- Türker, F., and Khan, K. (2021). Ultrasonographic measurements of the Bulbous oculi of the camel. Animal Health Production and Hygiene, 10(1), 23-26.
- Komal, K., Kilimci, F. S., and Kara, M. K. (2021). Biomechanical tests: applications and their reliability for the prediction of bone strength in broiler chicken. Veterinary Journal of Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, 6(2), 85-92.
- Life-Long Member of Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Life-Long Member of Alumni Association, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore-Pakistan.
- Registered Veterinary Medical Faculty.
TRAININGS, WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES
- Organized international Seminar on “"Relocation Opportunities for Veterinarians from Pakistan” in June, 2022, being member of international linkages committee.
- Organized different seminars as member of Hall Management Committee at “International Conference on Advances in Parasitology and Public Health” (ICAPPH-2014) held at CVAS, Jhang on October 22- 24,
- Basic computer training program at Rawalakot, w.e.f 01-08-2007 to 30-09-2007.
- “Zoo Animal Enclosure Design, Pet’s Welfare’’ from March to September, 2009 held atInstitute of Continuing Education & Extension UVAS, Lahore.
- One day workshop entitled as “Brucellosis (Prevalence, Diagnosis, Prevention and Control Strategies in its dual use)” held on April 7, 2014 conducted by College of Veterinary and
- Animal Sciences Jhang and Friedrich-Loffler-Institute (Federal Research Institute for Animal Health), Germany.
- “Three days workshop on Veterinary Ultrasonography” 1-3 December 2014 at College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Jhang- Pakistan.
- Workshop on “Faculty Professional Training Programme”, from 08-10 June, 2015.
- One week training on andragogical and communication skills entitled “In-service short term training of University and College Faculty”, from 16th to 20th May, 2016.
- Three days’ workshop on “Inculcating new practical based communication skills for teachers”, from April 12-14, 2017.
- Two days workshop on “Management of Teaching Resources for Outcome based Education”, UVAS, on 16-17th November 2017.
- Two days workshop on Diagnostic Imaging in small animals on January 25-26th, 2018.
- One day workshop on “Enrichment in Scientific Writing Skills” on February 15, 2018.
- 6th Asian Buffalo Congress 27th to 29th Oct., 2009 in PC Lahore Pakistan.
- International Livestock, dairy and poultry congress at Aiwane Iqbal, Lahore, Pakistan. 1112 March, 2014.
- International conference on “Advances in Parasitology and public health”, October 2224, 2014 at CVAS, Jhang, Pakistan.
- International Livestock, Poultry and Dairy Congress at Expo Centre, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan on March 11-12, 2015.
- International Livestock, Poultry and Dairy Congress at Expo Centre, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan on March 16-17, 2016.
- International conference on “Advances in Parasitology and public health”, November 15, 2017 at CVAS, Jhang, Pakistan.